2020 First Friday Bucyrus Vendor Information
A completed form and payment MUST be received for each vendor applicant at least 30 days prior to the event. Applications are approved at the discretion of the First Friday Bucyrus committee, and submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance. If we are unable to accommodate your request for participation, your check will be returned promptly. Approved vendors will receive email notification. Vendor fees are non-refundable; returned checks will incur a $35 fee.
2020 First Friday Bucyrus Event Dates
Fun & Fitness CANCELED Friday, June 5 5 to 8 pm
Stars Stripes & Small-town Pride
Friday, July 3
5 to 8 pm
Celebrate Hometown Heroes
Friday, August 7
5 to 8 pm
2020 First Friday Bucyrus Vendor Information
Please read the following carefully. A completed application submitted to First Friday Bucyrus indicates vendor agreement to and compliance with the rules and regulations detailed here. If you would like to download and print a copy of these rules, please click here.
- Vendor space is available at $25 per event or $80 for all four events for a 10’ sidewalk space. All tents, tables, chairs, etc. are to be provided by the vendor. Sharing of booth space by multiple vendors is prohibited.
- Applications with payment must be received one month prior to the event to be considered and to be included on the First Friday Bucyrus map & handout. Vendors will be notified by email of their acceptance for the event. Bank-returned checks will be subject to a $35 fee.
- There are no refunds of fees once a vendor application is accepted. If the event is canceled and rescheduled, fees will transfer to rescheduled date. First Friday Bucyrus is a RAIN or SHINE event. There are no refunds for cancellations due to weather.
- Vehicles must be moved as soon as they are unloaded, before setup begins.
- Vendors must be set up and ready to open at 5 pm on the day of the event, and vendor space must remain staffed from 5 pm to 8 pm. Displays must remain inside of the designated vendor space.
- All items (including trash) must be removed from the vendor space at the close of each event.
- First Friday Bucyrus is a family event. Vendors are prohibited from selling, exhibiting, displaying, or promoting any type of merchandise or service that may have implicit or explicit content of violence or obscenity (verbal or visual). First Friday Bucyrus committee reserves the right to make final decisions regarding appropriateness of vendor displays.
- First Friday Bucyrus is not responsible for security. Vendors assume all risks involved with loss or damage to your merchandise or equipment.
- Food samples offered free of charge must be bite-sized only. Only approved Food Vendors will be allowed to sell or distribute food other than bite-sized samples.
- Participants may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded by First Friday Bucyrus committee members. Vendor applicants consent and grant rights for these recordings to be used in event promotions.
- All sales belong to the vendor. Vendors are solely responsible for collecting and reporting applicable sales tax. All vendors agree to meet the regulations and to pay applicable fees to the Ohio Department of Taxation.
- Vendors are legally and financially responsible to all damages to grounds or other property caused by themselves or their employees. Participants agree to follow the rules and regulations of the City of Bucyrus, and agree to waive any and all claims of any nature, including accidents, damages, or losses of any kind against the City of Bucyrus and the First Friday Bucyrus organizers.
FOOD VENDORS ONLY
- In addition to the rules detailed above, FOOD VENDORS are required to adhere to the following additional regulations:
- Electrical hookups are included for FOOD VENDORS ONLY. Food vendors must provide a fuse box that is appropriately rated to their unit with a minimum of 100 feet of electric cable in good condition, free from breaks, frays or other damage for connections to the gutter cable. Electric must be prepared to be hardwired. Electric is available one hour before through one hour after the event.
- For safety reasons, all outside grilling areas must be fenced, and must include absorption mats under all grilling areas.
- Prices for all menu items must be clearly displayed.
- NO FOOD VENDORS may move into the food area until the street has been closed by the City.
- All food and drink vendors are subject to Crawford County Ohio Board of Health standards. Gray water holding tank or hose to connect to a gray water portal is also required. Absolutely no waste water is to be discarded in the gutter.
- A minimum of one fire extinguisher is required for each unit (10 lb type BC). For cooking operations, a 40lb type BC is required. All extinguishers must be within current hydro testing date and be UL approved. Inspections will be conducted by the Bucyrus Fire Department.
- Food vendors must obtain a minimum $1,000,000 liability policy and furnish a Certificate of Insurance, naming the Bucyrus Area Chamber of Commerce as a certificate holder. Coverage must be in effect for the date of the event(s) you are participating in.
- Food vendors must provide a copy of their State of Ohio Department of Taxation Vendors License in accordance with ORC section 5739.17, as well as a copy of their Ohio Department of Health Food Service License, if applicable.
- Absolutely no beverages will be served in glass bottles or containers.
- Food vendors will leave assigned space in the same condition as when they arrived. Any damage, including staining of pavement, will be fully remedied at vendor’s expense.
- Trash receptacles are placed throughout the downtown area for patron use. Vendors agree to remove their trash at the end of the event and not use the downtown trash receptacles. Failure to remove your trash can result in exclusion from future events.